opaqueice;582254 Wrote:
> By the way, you didn't answer this question.  Would you mind doing so?

Depended on the types of tests that we were doing, but sometimes yes.
I find this important only in doing immediate back and forth
comparisons, however, which was not always what we were doing.  We
sometimes did tests where we just sat down and listened to an unknown
cable/whatever and tried to determine what is was based on our previous
characterizations of its sound.  Level matching is totally irrelevant
here, since we never had the volume exactly the same twice, basically.

--
ncarver