ncarver;582937 Wrote:
> Hey, yeah, I have a meter somewhere.  Have never used it since we moved
> here.  Wonder where that thing might be?  Never found it nearly as
> easy/reliable as making voltage measurements, though.

On that you are probably entirerly correct I have one of those RS meter
:-/
with digital read out but who says that it is consistent from time to
time .
And even on slow moving the hand a bit is not alter the result and
0.1dB resolution nah ?

If I have to do it I might use a 50Hz or 60Hz sine and measure at the
amps.
I have acess to good meters at my work (calibrated once a year) but
there performance at 20000kHz is an unknown, I don't know if I can
measure white noise with a typical fluke 187 or similar.
maybe as I measure relative each other so that the fault might be the
same in both cases, then my measure would work to calibrate but in
absolute terms they might be of a bit.

How close do one have to be 0.1dB ? when tuning my HT I know that one
can hear 0.5dB so that's to much difference

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this