Daverz;594719 Wrote:
> I've had a chance to use the Touch's digital volume control with a
> variety of equipment over the last several months.
> In my opinion, the digital volume control is as transparent, if not
> more so, than my pre-amp volume control (a BAT 3ix tube pre-amp).
>
> Frankly, I find the statement that opened this thread to be absolute
> nonsense.  I don't know where the "don't use more than 10 dB of
> attenuation" idea mentioned by some comes from, either.  I assume the
> PIOOYA method.

You don't say how you used it, but I can tell you that setting the
Touch's digital volume to like 30-40 to get quiet music leads to
something that sounds only slightly like the original, while leaving it
at 100 and setting the analog volume controls on my preamps way down
does nothing of the sort.  So, frankly, I find your absolutist
statement to be just as much nonsense as the statement you are
objecting to.

--
ncarver