ncarver;595022 Wrote:
> You don't say how you used it, but I can tell you that setting the
> Touch's digital volume to like 30-40 to get quiet music leads to
> something that sounds like a pale imitation of the original, while
> leaving it at 100 and setting the analog volume controls on my preamps
> way down does nothing of the sort.  So, frankly, I find your
> statement--with no qualifications--to be just as much nonsense as the
> statement you are objecting to.

Sorry I didn't say anything about the range of use.  Using the Neko DAC
(which has a 1V output) as source and the 23 dB gain setting of the
Bryston 3B-SST, a comfortable range for "serious" listening, mostly to
classical music, is about 75 +/- 15 on the Touch volume, depending on
the recording, while late evening listening might dip down to 45 or so.
If the volume is too low at 100% for the rare recording, I can switch
the Bryston to 29 dB gain.

--
Daverz