The stereo remasters have what is called "Light" compression by the
engineers, nothing like what is done in the "loudness wars" of today.
To my ears it is not excessive, fatiguing, etc.

The mono remasters have no added compression.

Hopefully, together with the vinyl re-release(in progress, based on
24/192 digital transcription of original analogue) that is supposed to
happen soon, we will get hi-res versions of the catalogue.

Based on recent work at Abbey Road re-releasing Paul McCartney and
George Harrison in hi-res, we can hope for uncompressed versions.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeServer; SB Touch slaved to
Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF V DAC3, MF X-150 amp, Devore Gibbon Super 8
Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use); sometimes use PC with
M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second room. Arcam CD82 which
I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good player.