firedog;601646 Wrote:
> Have you listened to many (or any) recent remasters of "old" recordings?
> Good 60's recordings have LOTS of information and detail that is
> rendered more audible in a quality digital transcription.
I've heard plenty of remasters. Some of them are good, and some of them
are dire. I don't deny the fact that a good remastering can reveal
details missing on previous versions.

But what has this got to do with redbook v hi-res? Nothing. A good
mastering can be delivered in either format. You talk about 60's
recordings with lots of information, but I respectfully suggest to you
that the total number of these with more information than can be
captured in 16/44.1 LPCM (ie. redbook format) is zero.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A