cliveb;601345 Wrote:

> Add to this the fact that all Beatles recordings were made on 60's
> analogue gear that doesn't come even remotely close to the capabilities
> of 16/44.1, what are they doing dicking around with "hi-res" at all?
> (Other than to extract more cash from the already sucked-dry consumer,
> of course)

As long as some "audiophile educated" report it sounds better they sell
what the audience wants to buy.
I bet we even have a few members around here that will hear the Beatles
at 32bit/384kHz just that "tiny foot-tipping" bit beter as the
24bit/192kHz release ;)

--
Wombat

Transporter -> RG142 -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 ->
self-made speakers