Thanks, Ralph.  Yeah, one of the nice features of the avr-3802 is that
it has seven distinct amps, and you can take the two back surrounds to
separately power a second zone *while* running the 5.1 surround.
Before I had the Touch, I had a classic Squeezebox for five years (died
recently), and we ran both zones simultaneously.  It was nice to be able
to have the kids watching a movie with surround sound while we could be
in other rooms listening to music powered by the same amp.  No
overheating, no apparent straining.  The only compromise was the fact
that the Denon doesn't allow you to use the digital inputs for those
two separated back channels--only analog.  With the Touch, I thought
I'd explore this whole thing again.

--
jpwilkin