Hey Moobie.  Yeah, one way to do it is to use the volume on the
squeezeserver.  The family typically uses a web browser to choose music
and *can* control volume that way.  However, the way I've set it up with
the Niles 4-way splitter is to put Niles volume controls in each of the
locations with the speaker pairs.  That way, we can control the volume
in each of the rooms separately.  Everyone loves it.  One pair of the
speakers is out on the deck and we keep them off except when we're out
there.  That sort of thing.  For 5 years has worked like a charm with
enough power behind the amp.

--
jpwilkin