jpwilkin;604416 Wrote:
> I have a couple of choices on how to hook up my squeezebox touch.  One
> is into a Denon AVR-3802, a 7.1 home theater amp; the other is an older
> JVC AZ-Z911 digital reference integrated amp.  In the case of the Denon,
> because we're also using it for 5.1 home theater in one room, I can use
> the back surround channels, which are separately powered at 110w/ch.
> The JVC would be devoted completely to the music/squeezebox at 100x/ch.
> The biggest difference is the choice of analog and digital inputs:  in
> the case of the Denon, because it's for zone 2, I can only use the
> analog inputs, while the JVC has a digital optical input.  Regarding
> specs, the JVC has THD of 0.03% while the Denon, for these two back
> channels at 8ohm and 110w has 0.7% THD; the signal to noise ratio on
> the amps is 112dB on the JVC and 102dB on the Denon.  Another factor is
> that I'm pushing the entire thing into a Niles 4-pair splitter, and the
> best speakers (in the living room) are B&O S35's.  Other speakers are
> mid-range Polks.  Finally, I save my sound files as mpegs at the
> highest bitrate I can, typically 320kpbs.  Right now I'm running it all
> out of the Denon, and things are pretty good.  I'm wondering,
> essentially, whether it's worth hooking up the JVC--whether I'll hear a
> difference with the digital-only hookup.

The source of stereo is stereo. Stereo has two channels, it does.
Anything else is bullshit. Two in and two out. Two speakers and two amp
channels you need. Digital is bullshit when stereo is played. Digital
input is limited by source material but all else is a matter of your
amp and speakers.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them..