chill;605186 Wrote:
> Ok, so let's accept that you think this additional 0.2% network traffic
> makes a difference to the sound quality.  How much effect do you think
> the extra ~100% network traffic (from streaming WAV rather than FLAC)
> is going to have?
>
> Edit: Obviously I'm not trying to open up the argument about WAV vs
> FLAC streaming, just trying to put a bit of perspective into the issue
> of network traffic.

Gosh... you measurement value believers are tough...! Well, if what you
see (or hear) makes you happy, there is no point in trying to convince
you that there is more you could hear, if you only wanted to open the
ears (noooo please don't answer seriously, its not meant seriously
either ;-) )

Getting serious again: Even though my fingers get nervous, I won't
answer to that argument, because the (obviously other than networking)
advantages and disadvantages of FLAC vs. PCM decoding on the Player
have been laaaargely discussed elsewhere - and I am not the best expert
to develop on technical details, I only use my ears.

Just one more word for stop-spinning: Even if you don't use a Touch,
but try to sound-wise get the most out of your squeezebox, the sections
on network and s/pdif of Klaus' blog might be helpful - to copy or
inspire:
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2011/01/soundchecks-squeezebox-touch-toolbox-20.html

Cheers!

--