Phil Leigh;611477 Wrote:
> We need to establish:
> 1) do the mods work
> 2) if so, how do they work
>
> Then we can move to step 3, which is: "utilize the knowledge gained
> during 1 and 2 above to build better stuff"
>
> It's great that YOU don't care how things work - but others do
> need/want to know and you need to respect their motivation just as much
> as you'd expect them to respect yours. It's not a questio of right or
> wrong, it's simply different strokes...
>
> This has nothing to do with digital per se - it is just as true for
> analogue. Mains cables anyone? Burn-in?

I agree. But let's establish the categories here:

1. Consumers
2. DIY tweakers
3. Manufacturers

I am a consumer. You appear to be somewhere inbetween 1 and 2 (or,
maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're just an odd case of 1, someone who is
incapable of consuming without prior understanding of how does it work;
sort of like a person who is incapable of enjoying the meal without
first reading the recipe).

Soundcheck (a.k.a. Klaus is clearly 2).

I don't know anyone who belongs to 3, and I think theirs (i.e.
manufacturers') agendas are completely different.

>From my perspective (I'm 1), the only thing I need to establish is
whether the changes work for me or not. I'm not saying that this
approach works for everyone else (especially not for 2 and 3).

This is the same as when I'm ordering a meal -- the only thing I worry
about is whether the food will taste good to me or not. Either way, I
have no interest in learning HOW was the food prepared.

--
magiccarpetride