magiccarpetride;613824 Wrote:

> One thing that caught my attention is how pretty much everyone kept
> insisting that speaker positioning and room treatment (even EQ-ing) are
> the most important things in achieving amazing sound quality.

By far the biggest improvements in the sound of my system have been
achieved by speaker placement and setup (tilt and toe-in) and by choice
of amplifier.  My speakers (Vandersteen Quatros) also have a built-in
11-band bass EQ for frequencies below 120 Hz.

I have some acoustic panels on the walls, but I'm not sure how big a
difference these make, since I already try to keep the speakers about
4' from any room boundaries.  One can go overboard with room damping.

--
Daverz