earwaxer9;615059 Wrote:
> ... As far as "eq" is concerned - no self respecting audiophile would
> EVER engage in such a thing. I dont care if its analog or digital. It
> wasnt good in the 70's and its not good now. Just because its call
> "digital" doesnt make it ok. Get your gear together and you wont have
> to mess with the frequencies - except of course for the sub-woofer, but
> then only from about 20-60hz.

There's nothing wrong with your opinion but please don't state it as
fact because it isn't.

No amount of "getting your gear together" will result in a flattish
frequency response in normal homes, especially below 500Hz.

Digital EQ is nothing like analogue. Nothing.

Also, every self respecting "audiophile" indulges in EQ when they buy
any piece of equipment :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.