Absinth;617963 Wrote:
> The jitter in the V-links output signal might be better than that of the
> Touch, since it doesn't have to deal with ethernet packages, touch
> screens, wifi, internal servers and such. If the V-link is implemented
> right (and Musical Fidelity seems to know their stuff) there is great
> potential.
If I'm not mistaken, the SPDIF output of the touch is made in the FPGA
(if not it really is very poor design - SPDIF out is easy!). It prolly
just is a peripheral to the main microcontroller. That means any tasks
ran by the CPU that's handling ethernet, user interface and so on has
exactly 0 impact on the SPDIF outputs. All the MCU has to do is
(batch-) deliver the samples in time - and that's peanuts for any core.
As long as the clock is reasonably stable, there should not be any
substantial jitter that is relevant.

Anyway, the MAC mini, how much power does that take?

--
Griffin