As has been said SPDIF is brain dead. Having said that you can buy a DAC
that deals with input jitter.

I'm happy with my Benchmark DAC1 HDR. It includes analogue volume, 5
digital inputs, 1 analogue input, balanced output and a good headphone
amp. Expensive but I don't need all this jitter gear with it. It does
produce jitter sidebands but these are constant regardless of input
jitter and about 140db down.

I believe certain other DACs, some cheaper, do similar. These are the
facts. If you hear different then fine - by all means we can talk RFI,
noise, expectation etc. Not input jitter though.

I know this is going to be controversial but really it shouldn't be.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.