soundcheck;620704 Wrote:
> I recommend to use that Sbooster filter device for quite some time.
> Combine that with a nice overdimensioned ebay 5V linear supply and
> you'll be quite happy. It even works on my SuperTeddyReg/Battery
> supply.
>
> John Swenson prepared a 'DIY filter proposal'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=558905&postcount=12)
> based on a Hammond choke and a 10kuf cap, which is basically the same
> type of filter.
>
> I highly recommend John`s version to the DIY minded crowd. I got his
> proposal up'n running since a couple of weeks.
>
> His explanation about the addressed issue makes sense to me.
>

> From my perspective another of these kind of forum myths got busted. ;)

You need more than ears to bust myths :-)

Anyway, the JS design uses a passive low-pass LC network filter... and
the s-booster site states it is "not just a passive filter", implying
some active semiconductors in the circuit...

That 10mH 5A choke that JS uses is BIG!!!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.