I'm certain this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the OP is being
sent off on a witch hunt.

Syncing of players is easily undone, and selecting/deselecting digital
inputs is no more difficult than pushing a button.   Done it a lot on
my Transporter and nothing needed 3 pages of commentary to fix.

This reminds me of a reviewer back in the 1980's talking about
"Brinneled bearings" in tone-arms.   Within days of that magazine being
released, we had customers coming to us in droves with tone-arm bearing
problems.

"It doesn't sound right...the soundstage is closed in", etc, et al.

Well...we sold lots of tone-arms, and manufacturers service shops
probably did pretty well also.  All for a non-problem that everyone
suddenly started hearing.

I'd say....reset the OPs Transporter and that's that.

Since it's a modded unit....who knows for sure.

I seriously doubt there is anything but an imagined problem with the
sound at this point.

--
Curt962

Transporter...Touch....Boom......