scp2;624481 Wrote:
> I'm back!! I think I just got used to the diminished volume...and
> thought my problem was fixed.
>
> I confirmed last night there is lower volumes when I listen to my
> music.
>
> I decided to listen to internet radio...bingo there is all the rich and
> full sound I had before...had to turn the volume level down....back to
> my music and it was like I muted the volume.
>
> So I have decided it is the playback of my music that is effected. I
> have looked thru all the settings on Squeezebox server and can't find
> what is off.  Yes I know there is a volume control for each player and
> they are at max. It has to be something to do with my music.
>
> Any ideas?...I use dbpoweramp...ripping flac files.

most internet radio stations I listen to are much, much higher volume
than my own ripped music (FLAC files and mp3 files). Nothing wrong with
this, just the way it is. And heck, if I switch between my CD player and
my Transporter, the CD Player volume is MUCH higher. Not that I use my
CD player much these days.

Do you have replaygain tags in your files. And if so, what is your
setting (i think per player) on using these tags for volume adjustment
(track gain, album gain, or smart gain or off). By the way, I do use
SmartGain (uses album gain when playing an entire album or track gain
when mixed tracks). (and I use dbpa as well).

--
garym