TerryS;630490 Wrote:

> In my little mind, I am considering distortion to be any difference
> between the ideal signal waveform and the one I get in my system.
> Harmonic distortion, non-harmonic distortion, or noise.  It is all
> distortion to me.

Terry, if so perhaps you should reconsider this idea that lower
amplitude signals shouldn't lose fidelity.

If you look at an analogue signal (music, film whatever) as the sounds
or forms being represented get smaller they will degrade in relative
quality - assuming you amplify the sound or magnify the image enough to
be able to observe this. Again, the same is the case with digital.

Regardless of which definition of dynamic range is used, logic says to
me this is just part and parcel of any format...?
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.