PasTim;632549 Wrote:
>  PCM for 24/96 loads the network at between 5 and 10%.  Flac runs at
> 2-3% or maybe a bit less for the same files.

1. That's what I'm saying. It can't be the network load.

2. 24/96 Flac is not making problems, even with the small Alsa
buffersize

One think is obvious. The network buffer margin on the Touch filled up
with 24/96 PCM data seems to be driven on it`s edge. The Touch got
effectively only a very few seconds music of buffered data to work
with.
It'll be 50% of that of a flac. There should be an issue in that area.

24/96 as flac will be transfered, decoded and played back. That task
requires more processing power then PCM assuming the same network
buffer size.

Perhaps the network buffer is just too small for 24/96 PCM ?!?!?

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0 and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com)
:::  by soundcheck