PasTim;632789 Wrote:
> I know Wikipedia is not always correct, but the article at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonegotiation states that one should not
> use fixed speeds unless you really have to.
>
> The "Autoneg for 100FD" option on my NIC that I have chosen certainly
> looks as if it has stabilised the traffic.  It's as if whatever the
> Touch and the PC NIC were doing previously it wasn't 100Mb FD.
>
> I may also try going to straight Autonegation and see what happens
> later.

The article is pretty clear and correct - autonegotiation is a good
thing and should always be ON. If autonegotiation is off on the NIC you
can get a mismatch between the Touch (which will always autonegotiate)
and the NIC. When we were talking before I'd assumed (doh! - never
assume) we were talking about autoneg 100mbps.

Anyway - great that you have it working now.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.