Phil Leigh;632852 Wrote:
> The article is pretty clear and correct - autonegotiation is a good
> thing and should always be ON. If autonegotiation is off on the NIC you
> can get a mismatch between the Touch (which will always autonegotiate)
> and the NIC. When we were talking before I'd assumed (doh! - never
> assume) we were talking about autoneg 100mbps.
>
> Anyway - great that you have it working now.
Great indeed.  Thanks for confirming my conclusion.  Quite a lot of
time used, but never wasted.

I am a little concerned that I may not be the only one to have wandered
down this path, and that others may have given up, or spent money on
switches, cables, even PCs.

I think it would be as well to ensure any future advice to people about
'fixing' NIC speeds is very precise, and given with caveats where there
is no clear option or indication about the chosen option.  Maybe it
should be included in the TT 2.0 information sheet and/or blog?

On my laptop the NIC does not appear to have an autoneg 100mb option -
it just says 100mb fd.  My desktop NIC has both options (with and
without autoneg), which is what led me to look at wikipedia (for more
than just the name of a footballer) and then wonder if there would be a
detectable difference.  There was.

I am also trying unqualified Autonegotiate without any hiccups thus
far.

--
PasTim