Denon 2910 DVD Player
Lightstar Reference Amplifier
AL-III plus Speakers
JL Fathom Subwoofer F-112
All CarverAudio cables

Exact Audio Copy (EAC)
Acer 8930 laptop to rip the CDs
Acer Home Server to store the files.
Linksys WiFi router to connect everything.

I ripped a few of my favorite CDs that I still had stashed away.
Most of the files that EAC made came out 100% bit for bit perfect.
There were however a few files that were 99.9 or 99.7 due to the CDs
being old and scratched pretty badly.
After moving all the newly ripped files from my laptop over to the
music server, I started listening.
I went right to tracks I knew really well, played a few of them, and
just listened. After about a half hour, I put in the CD, and started to
listen to it. I was listening for small nuances that I knew were in the
songs and could pinpoint with the ripped file with no problem. I was
checking to see if there were being played in the same place in the
room.

Then we started switching back and forth while playing the same tracks
on both units.
Knowing which source I was listening to, I thought I was hearing slight
differences, and was sure I could tell the 2 apart.
Then I did it blind. I started both players, and had Alex switch them
back and forth. Blindfolded, I had bo clue which was which... I was
basically guessing.

So, the test seems to be EXTREMELY even if you ask me. I will be
seriously impressed if anyone can tell me which is which. Not right off
the bat, but I'd go as far as letting someone listed to the same tracks
NOT blindfolded at first, and then blindfold them, and see if they can
tell which source is playing.

After listening myself, I have absolutely no problem what so ever
abandoning CDs forever.
Keep in mind, you HAVE to have an original CD in the beginning to rip
your files from, or get already ripped files from some other source.

--
Toy Maker

(2) Squeezebox3's - (1) Transporter2 - 7TB Acer Home Server - iPad -
iPeng
And more toys than any one person should be aloud to own.