I removed the entry for the spdif output and the space that created and
rebooted the Touch.  I listened for a short time (to Red Garland) and
then opened WinSCP and commented out the remaining entries and again
rebooted.  When the music restarted I heard no dramatic change
(positive or negative) and repeated this a number of times.  Still
heard little if any difference.
The system includes a Dayens Ampino integrated amp driving Omega
Compact Hemps.
The Touch has had its electrolytic coupling capacitors bypassed as well
as power path cleanups and decoupling to the DAC chip.  It also has a
linear regulated power supply.  The point is that this is a respectable
sounding system and I can't discern any improvement from the mod.
Perhaps there is way to grant higher IRQ priority to the DAC output
from the Touch that would improve sound quality.
Larry

--
lcrim