lcrim;650543 Wrote:
> I removed the entry for the spdif output and the space that created and
> rebooted the Touch.  I listened for a short time (to Red Garland) and
> then opened WinSCP and commented out the remaining entries and again
> rebooted.  When the music restarted I heard no dramatic change
> (positive or negative) and repeated this a number of times.  Still
> heard little if any difference.
> The system includes a Dayens Ampino integrated amp driving Omega
> Compact Hemps.
> The Touch has had its electrolytic coupling capacitors bypassed as well
> as power path cleanups and decoupling to the DAC chip.  It also has a
> linear regulated power supply.  The point is that this is a respectable
> sounding system and I can't discern any improvement from the mod.
> Perhaps there is way to grant higher IRQ priority to the DAC output
> from the Touch that would improve sound quality.
> Larry

Hi Larry, as you said, your hardware upgrades seem very robust, and
perhaps these softmods are indeed less impactful in your setup. I
wondered if you'd also applied Soundcheck's mods prior to testing these
new ones, as that has been expressed as an important precondition for
additive benefit.

--
alec_cat