I've been experiencing very soft pops or clicks when playing music on an
(original) transporter with recent firmware (87).

Further info: my music is all apple lossless.  I use a Mac, OS X
10.6.8.  SBS 7.6.  Connection from server to transporter is ethernet
(with switch/router in the chain).

The effect is subtle (not loud) and intermittent, not associated with
any particular place on any particular track, i.e. not reproducible.
It occurs maybe once in an hour.  I have never noticed the noise when
listening on an SB3 with current firmware.

There was a previous thread about noise on transporter when playing
high density (e.g 96/24) files, but this is not my problem; I am
playing ordinary CD quality files.  Also I already implemented
suggestions in that thread to reduce the demand on the transporter CPU
by turning off the VU meter and scrolling.

The effect is new, but I'm not exactly sure when this started, so I am
now trying previous firmware versions, while keeping SBS 7.6.  Right
now I am trying firmware 84.

I don't know enough yet to submit a bug report.  The purpose of this
report is to check if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

--
fredgoodman