cliveb;659754 Wrote:
> The correct experiment to try first is not to revert the firmware, but
> to remove the DAC from the signal path.

Agreed. This is the rational approach, from a troubleshooting
perspective. As far as it is possible, remove non-mandatory components,
one by one, until the problem goes away. Then you can reasonably infer
that the last component you removed, is involved in creating the
problem. This should be the first course of action, and with luck, the
only one necessary.

If it sounds like I'm simplifying things, well, that's what
troubleshooting is all about. :)

--
Soulkeeper

-that is not dead which can eternal lie. and with strange aeons even
death may die.-
touch (sans caps) + duet + boom + radio (portable) / dd-wrt on linksys
wrt160n v3 / sbs 7.6.2 on w7(x86) with avira free