fredgoodman;659490 Wrote:
> It happens while the music is playing, not between tracks.  It cannot be
> reproduced by rewinding and playing the same place in the track.  I am
> using an external DAC.
The fact that it happens about once an hour, at random and
non-reproducible points, and you are using an external DAC all points
to an obvious possibility: the DAC has its own free-running clock which
is slowly drifting out of sync with the TP. Eventually there is a buffer
over- or under-run in the DAC and it has to resync.

fredgoodman;659490 Wrote:
> I have not done a lot of testing of variables, e.g. different firmware
> versions, removing the external DAC, etc.  This would/will take a lot
> of time since the problem is so intermittent.
The first thing to do is remove the external DAC and run the TP's
analogue output into your system for a while. After a few days, ask
yourself whether you've heard any pops. If you haven't, you know the
problem is in the TP/DAC interface. If the DAC has a word clock output,
use that to drive the TP. Otherwise, find a way to configure the DAC to
slave its clock to the incoming SPDIF signal.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A