fredgoodman;659624 Wrote:
> I was using the same TP -->  DAC setup for perhaps 15 months with  SBS
> 7.5.x or 7.4.x without noticing any noise.  This suggests returning to
> a previous firmware version could solve the problem for me.   I'll have
> to run the experiment for some time to be able to report anything.
The correct experiment to try first is not to revert the firmware, but
to remove the DAC from the signal path. If the pops remain even after
that, *then* you can conclude the problem is the TP firmware. If not,
then the problem is in the TP/DAC interface, and lucking on a specific
firmware that doesn't exhibit the problem isn't really a solution.

I appreciate that your DAC is probably closer to your heart than the
TP, so if you really can't find a proper solution to the TP/DAC
interface issue, then perhaps the simplest course of action would be to
replace the TP with a Touch.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A