tank121;668580 Wrote:
> Thanks Phil I take it to you can switch from the 3400 - 4000. Any other
> buffer rates tried and tested ?
>
> What does the buffer rate relate too ?

The buffer value refers i think to the length of the buffer. There is a
hypothesis that having a smaller buffer would, counter-intuitively, be
better than a longer buffer. IIRC the idea is that every time the
buffer runs out it causes some activity which leads to a change in psu
load and the activity is more frequent but at a lower level than is the
case when the buffer is longer. The infrequent spikes with the longer
buffer are thought to be more damging. I believe this explanation was
given (no doubt more cogently) by John Swenson. It may be that this is
dependent on the characteristics of you netwrok and (as with all these
mods) your dac.

IIRC some people prefer the longer buffer.

--
adamdea