xtrips;669865 Wrote:
> I think it might be your #1 possibility.
> The readynas runs on an old Core2duo 2.4Ghz with 2Gb RAM, so maybe it
> is not enough to decompress the large 24/96 Flac files.
> I guess the other success stories I read run their SBS on a more
> powerful NAS or even a PC/MAC.

@phil - of course it is flac, not sox :)

Core2duo should me more than enough, but the best way to check it is to
play 24/96 file and open the task-manager and check the the cpu load and
how much cpu are using different processes.

I don't know what operating system is using readynas, if it is some
kind of Linux, than try to login and start the programm "top". "top" is
showing the cpu&memory usage under Linux.

Maybe they are some other processes eating your CPU power ?

I was playing 24/96 flacs without any problems on Qnap Linux NAS
powered with single core 1GHz Arm CPU, which has much lower performance
than Core2duo, now i am using two years old W7 notebook with dual core
without any peformance issues.

--
praganj