Great thread.

Can't agree with The Ghost Of Tom Joad and Liege & Lief. I love both
these recordings - perhaps I think they just suit the music well.

There's lots of stuff recorded very basically that I think shines
because of it. Some of it ancient, some newer. LoveTd Hawkin's "Venice
Beach Tapes" and a lot of SE Rogie's stuff. Most of it seemingly
recorded by holding a microphone up whilst they did their stuff.

My vote is for most of Prince's early albums. Great, great music and
excitingly performed, but who at Warners decided to let him produce it
all? Awful. Chances of a remastering? I'm waiting for him to pop his
clogs before it happens...

M.

--
InTheBath