Phil Leigh;614846 Wrote:
> He did - Ian has the ONLY 1st gen master in existence - the 3 versions I
> mentioned all used it. No other version does. These versions sound much
> better - the DCC version being the best. I'm not a big fan of Steve
> Hoffman or the MOFI smile curve, but unless you have heard this
> version, you haven't really heard what this album can sound like...
> It's worth seeking out
>
> (edit for clarity...the DCC version sounds dryer than the MOFI because
> the MOFI has the smile curve on it and the DCC doesn't)

Another good alternative is the 2011 remixed and remastered version by
Steven Wilson, the new "2011 40th Anniversary Release" from October
2011. It's of course much easier to find than the DCC-version and also
sounds "dryer" (like the DCC-version) and it definitely sounds much
better than the previous "normal" CD-versions.

|Filename: cover.jpg                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12768|

Soundman