sckramer;676816 Wrote:
> was wondering about the toslink, it's right in the coax circuit path &
> didn't want to break it-- but since you did it successfully I removed
> mine yesterday, & it's another nudge in the right direction! Guess
> there's always a little more grain to remove from digital, no matter
> how smooth you think it is :) -- I'd even go as far to say this should
> be required --
>
> while I was in there I improved/added cardas solder to the joints going
> to the coax, looked a little iffy

If you have done that then you should solder the coax to the board as
suggested by Soundcheck, it is worth it - big improvement (instructions
in his blog). I have removed the screen as well, this makes a difference
even though TT3.0 has the display off, but it is fiddly to reconnect and
some have destroyed the connection.

I also have a cryo silver coax connector and it makes a big difference
in my system.

--
SBGK