WKB;679194 Wrote:
> Mmmm... Rubislaw Den or Tillydrone ?

deepest, darkest Buchan. In sunny Gloucestershire now, though.

I used to take the transformers out of the amps and cd players so they
were outside the box, a cheap way of getting an external power supply
and an effective upgrade as the sound was improved, more detail. the
transformer is only in the box as a compromise as any serious circuit
designer would not put heavy emf and delicate electrical circuits
together. don't bother these days though. maybe my dac1 would benefit
from it. best bang for buck upgrade is to put coins under the spikes of
the speaker stands (on carpet), produces a different sound, emphasises
midrange, some may like it. cost 16p, if you use 2p pieces.

--
SBGK