audiomuze;680748 Wrote:
> It's just fascinating that many participants in this thread would appear
> to have golden ears and a sufficiently commanding grasp of 'audiophile'
> terminology to become writers for any number of so called hi-fi
> publications. Anyone wishing to brush up on audio superlatives should
> be referred to this thread - I don't think I've ever seen as many used
> in one place anywhere, in any medium.
>
> To be fair, I don't doubt there are some improvements, just as I don't
> doubt that there are many imaginary improvements.

I think it's just that some people have never learned how to critically
listen to music. RUSH recently released a box set called Sector 1. One
of the remastered albums, Fly By Night, was found to contain numerous
dropouts in the left or right channels.

There was a listener on a forum who swore up and down that his copy was
perfect even though a fixed remaster has not been issued yet. When he
was asked to listen critically with headphones and given the exact time
positions, he finally admitted the errors were present.

Some listeners are naturals for detecting change others will never have
a clue. Ignorance is bliss. But hey it's all good if everyone is
satisfied. The unsatisfied usually have large mountains of unused gear
and light wallets.

--
Stilly77

WHS 2011 server with LMS 7.7.1 > ASUS RT-N16 router (Tomato) AP > ASUS
RT-N12 wireless bridge (DD-WRT) > 15ft Cat 6 unshielded > SBT (TT3.0
with sgbk mod) > 3ft glass optical interconnect > Emotiva XDA-1 DAC >
XLR to rca interconnect > Little Dot Mk III (all Russian tubes) >
Beyerdynamic DT-990 600 ohm headphones