praganj;681817 Wrote:
> In my system (SBS on W7 + dedicated Cisco switch + Draka cables + diy ps
> with str, sbt + TT3.0 + SBGK prios + Buffalo II + Marantz 7 tube pre +
> Arcam P85 + Spendor SP 2/3) it is opposite.
>
> 20000 buffer sounds muddy and woolly, i am listening with 3200 ... ;)

Wow, that's amazing! You and I get the exact opposite impressions.
How's that possible?

But maybe even more importantly, how is it possible that by changing
the buffer length, one gets more widely dispersed (fuzzy) or more
crystal clear rendering of sound? Why would the buffer length affect
that?

Just for keeping the tabs, I'm using Mac Mini pushing bits from the
adjacent room via ethernet into SBT (TT3.0 + SBGK latest mods) into
Gatorized Beresford Caiman DAC into DSP 2000 preamp into DPA 200 power
amp into big old Magnepan MG-1 IMP planar speakers.

--
magiccarpetride