SBGK;681554 Wrote:
> don't mean to offend anyone, but 20000 is the default setting, the fact
> 3200 or 4000 sounds better in your system is highlighting that there is
> an imbalance there, likely that the bass is not being articulated
> correctly and needs emphasis which the lower values give. not defending
> 20000, but these are my thoughts.

In our quest for improved sound we would want to mine the depths of the
bass as much as we endeavor to scale the heights of the treble.

So…flip flop your thoughts.  The fact that 3200 or 4000 adds too much
bass may be highlighting an inadequacy of your system being able to
reproduce the lower octaves, requiring you to rethink speaker position
and or speakers.

I’m not defending buffer 3400, but trading off musicality for less bass
is not an option, to some.

These are my thoughts.

RG

--