guidof;684631 Wrote:
> True. And this disinclination in an "audiophile forum" is surprising to
> you?
>
> Yes, yes, -Consumer Reports- does hold double blind wine tasting, but
> how many enophiles do you know who would subject themselves to such?
Well, there are audiophile forums (eg, hydrogenaudio) and scarequote
"audiophile forums". On this particular forum, very little surprises me
any more. But I am surprised that some people are so dismissive of the
possibility of the placebo effect. In contrast, I find it easier to
understand the argument of some that 'I like it better and I don't care
if it's placebo or not', even when it costs significant money.

And I know lots of oenophiles and appreciators of other fermented
beverages that rather enjoy a (single-) blind taste test now and again.
Like music, they/we mostly enjoy knowing beforehand what we are drinking
or hearing, but blind taste tests can be fun now and again.

--
aubuti