vett93;687491 Wrote:
> Sorry, I did not mean to be rude to you. Most digital equipment and
> switching power supplies would generate RFI which can degrade analog
> sound. If you have a SBT and use its analog output to the amp, you can
> get a better sound quality by using a linear power supply. This is one
> way to hear the RFI effect on sound.
>
> There is this guy in Holland that posted his tweak for reducing RFI on
> the power cord:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPI_ByD0Q0

Watched this. I wonder what this main shielding is good for. As soon
the mains voltage enters the case it is open again and radiates into
the case that is much more direct. A well designed unit doesn´t suffer
of this. RFI from outside won´t enter the case much. So he should wurry
about something different. I doubt it can change the sound at all.

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers