SBGK;687769 Wrote:
> I disagree
>
> the sound is the same when the ethernet cable is pulled
>
> a magnet placed on the ethernet cable reduces the top end massively,
> thus showing that it is possible to have an imperfect transfer of bits
> to the SBT, unless you believe that the top end is there due to noise
>
> I have seen no experiments that prove the transfer is bit perfect, so
> it is verging on dogma to say it is bit perfect.

It is bit perfect - easily proven countless times, by playing dts
files, these simply will not play at all if one bit is incorrect. How
big is this magnet? No dogma required here, just an understanding of
how things work and how to test them.

If the sound doesn't change when the cable is pulled, this implies that
nothing on the server/network is influencing the sound.

Unless that is we want to discuss the theory that the "damage" has
already been done and the buffer content is already some how
polluted... Which is going to be a pretty hard concept for most folks
to even entertain since the buffer only holds data values ( zero or
one) and we absolutely know it holds the correct values (see above).

Again, how big is this magnet?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.