vett93;687723 Wrote:
> IMO, there are other factors need to be controlled before this
> experiment can be useful. There are a few flow control points at the
> Ethernet interfaces and inside the routers. You will get data points
> all over the map without controlling these flow control points.

Please, please, before this goes any further, let's establish a base
point for the discussion. I suggest that we all agree that the data
stream from the server, however transmitted (ethernet or wifi) is
perfectly reconstructed in the buffer of the player (e.g. the Touch),
regardless of server settings, cable choice, etc.

Then, hopefully, we can have a meaningful discussion about other
factors which might be audible. In my mind this must be uncorrelated
noise in the system. Let's have some hypothesises for the origin of
such noise, then, perhaps, we can get somewhere.

--
darrell