darrell;688422 Wrote:
> Indeed. As is tweaking a TCP/IP server (i.e the computer running LMS) in
> the expectation that it will improve sound quality. Those who genuinely
> don't understand how computer networking works might believe that this
> is more plausible than the tinfoil hat and wooden box, but, really, it
> isn't. This is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact, in much the same
> way that if you fall off the top of a tall building you will hit the
> ground, hard, is a fact.
>
> It is not me making this claim, it is the accumulated body of knowledge
> called science which makes this claim. And we take that body of
> knowledge seriously because time and time again it makes accurate
> predictions as to the behaviour of things. We all accept countless
> numbers of things without having experienced them directly - we must,
> in order to live our lives in any kind of sensible way. Some things are
> not matters of opinion.
>
> I care about this because I care about truth, about what is real. And I
> don't like seeing my fellow human beings being misled or confused by
> pseudo-scientific nonsense, even if those doing the misleading are
> confused themselves.
+1
Well said.

there is a fundamental difference between science and bullshit, namely
that bullshit is indeed bullshit.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.