Soundman;691222 Wrote:
> John, yes I was talking about using the TT-interface as is. I'm not a
> programmer. Sure, some folks with programming knowledge could test it
> in the way you describe...
>
> But the question remains: What's the point of testing the single steps,
> if it is the combination of these changes which makes the difference? I
> want to compare a stock-SBT to a TT3-SBT (which can be easily done with
> two SBT's, no programme needed). When testing an new hifi-speaker you
> also listen to the fully assembeled box and not to one loudspeaker
> after the other, if you want to know how the box sounds... isn't it?
>
> And concerning TT3, I don't understand why there are always such heated
> debates about it (I don't mean that you do that, John. You are always
> friendly and I have learned a lot from you). TT3: either one likes it
> and keeps it, or one doesn't like it and kicks it out. It's that
> simple. And one is back to stock-defaults by one single command: tt -r.
>

> Therefore I suggest that those who did not try it, should stay away
> from judging the mods. How should they know, without even giving it a
> try?
>
> Anyhow, I'm tired of this debate, because some people, who rarely come
> forward with useful information, try to do everything they can, to
> discredit Klaus' work (and to intimidate those who like the mods),
> though several among those nay-sayers never even tried the mods. For me
> this case is closed.
>
> I'm going back to enjoy music, because that's what my little, modded
> SBT is for. And I'll be happy to try TT4 if Klaus ever releases it.

Soundman, I understand your frustration with all of the
questions/questioning. However:

1) the mods do not show any improvement to some people/in some systems.
Some of us would like to know why.

2) My measurements on the analogue output agree that the mods are
incremental in so far as the more of them you turn on, the more
different the output becomes. Some of us would like to know which
provide the most audible difference (measurement can't answer that) and
why.

I'm not sure that anyone who is discussing this has not tried the mods.
I wouldn't assume that.

IF there is something to be gained by these mods, then by understanding
the impact/benefit of these mods it is hoped that they will find their
way into the official software. This would be of help to everybody.
However this isn't going to happen unless there is some form of
consensus on which mods actually affect the sound (for better or worse)
and (ideally) WHY they work. This would then feed into any future work
on the official, supported Touch software in a progressive way.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.