Soundman;691031 Wrote:
> John, please have a closer look. These are the commands in TT3:

> -i   : initialize toolbox
> -s   : toolbox status
> -x   : display on/off
> -k   : kills daemons
> -w   : wlan on/off (persistent)
> -v   : locks volume at 100% (persistent)
> -d   : display on/off (persistent)
> -ir  : infrared receiver on/off (persistent)
> -b N : buffer size  N= 3200-50000 (persistent)
> -o N : output routing (persistent)
> N= 0=digital 1=analog
> -r   : restore original configuration
> -rbt : reboot
> -h   : help
>
> The commands "-k" (mod), "-h" and "-s" (both not mods) are the only of
> these which work without a reboot. And after "-k" a reboot is required
> to open access to the box again. The last remaining command would be
> "-x" to switch the screen on and off on the fly, but this is only
> possible if you use "-d" before to switch the screen on (which is off
> by default). But as I said before: this is pointless because the mods
> only really make sense, if you use all (or most) of them together.

The base install adds a bunch of changes, many of which do not need a
reboot to take affect, but they do not have a separate tt -<whatever>
switch to turn them on and off. Even the wlan and volume lock do not
NEED a reboot to take affect, its just how Klaus has implemented them
in his system. He has some scripts that run at boot time with the
modifications, the tt -<whatever> commands modify the scripts, they
don't actually make the change to the system, then a reboot is done
which applies all the system modifications at once. Its by far the
easiest way to make sure that both changes that require a reboot and
those that don't get properly applied.

If you want to apply these changes only through the tt interface then
yes you are very limited as to what can be done. But you should be able
to take some of the modifications that do not require a reboot and put
those directly into Triode's framework without having to use the tt
interface.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson