Mnyb;692526 Wrote:
> Best Bang for buck is integrated Amps , nowadays preamps are not doing
> much once they had phono section mm and mc tone  controls  and stuff .
>
> Input selector and volume can reside in the amp , you may optimise the
> amp for this and for modest power this can actually be better !
> separate pre and power only becomes necessary these days when it's
> start to outgrow the box with powerful amps.
>
> Box and PSU cost more than one thinks to do.
>
> I do not have any experience with big Tanoy speakers thou

But if all you need is passive volume control, you can get a pretty
powerful amp with the volume control, and lose nothing (as I keep
harping on about). It's hard for me to see a better deal than that.

If you want a really cool running amp, then one of the class d amps I
pointed  out would be great. If you don't you can go even cheaper and
get something along these lines.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CZ0RL0/ref=asc_df_B000CZ0RL01914475?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000CZ0RL0

--
totoro

sb touch -> classdaudio sds-450 -> audio physic tempo 4 + rel storm 3 &
rythmik f12se