Mnyb;695948 Wrote:
> it was a bit tongue in cheek too :)
>
> Engineers can sometimes use weird speakers , Auratones anyone ?

auratones are used for a couple of purposes.

often run as a single speaker, in mono...

the reason being if your mixes sound amazing in mono, they will sound
INCREDIBLE when mixed to stereo. so often we check things in mono just
to see. getting things mono compatible is crucial for a good mix.

also... auratones are very good at mimicing the sound/response of
consumer equipment.. so if we get things sounding great on
these..again, they are gonna be superb on real speakers

--
TheOctavist

Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due
Venti>>Link Audio K100