jean2;695771 Wrote:
> I have been using the old A5 connected to a Touch for more than one
> year, but I have no experience with new A5+. My old A5 does the auto
> sleep, after something like 5 min of inactivity, you hear the speaker
> pop as the amp switches off. From memory, they still consume 1 or 2 W
> after going in auto-sleep. The annoying thing with the A5 is that the
> blue led still stay on solid after going in auto-sleep.
>
> The A5 has two 3.5mm jack input, I would have preferred the RCA input
> of the A5+.
>
> I find incredible that auto-sleep is no longer listed as a feature of
> the A5+. Good eye catching that, I would have assumed that they would
> have carried over this essential function. I would send an e-mail to
> AudioEngine themselves to verify the availability of that feature.

Just to let you know what Audioengine replied about the A5+:

Here's some power consumption and sleep function info for the A5+;

Idle: 10W
Mute:  6W
Sleep:  4W

The idle mode would be automatic when no music is playing, the lights
will remain on and solid and nothing needs to be done to resume audio
playback.  The mute and sleep mode can be initiated with the remote
control and will reduce power consumption even more when not in use,
these each have there own way of blinking the indicator light to let
you know they are in a deep sleep mode, you would need to use the
remote, or the front panel volume control to bring the set out of these
deep sleep modes to resume playback.  It's perfectly fine however to
simply let them Idle when not in use.

--
mhaas