alfista wrote:
> Lacking measurements, I'll settle for anything that corroborates the
> claims regarding jitter.

But gentlemen the effects of and sound of jitter has to exist and be a
very BIG problem otherwise why would the audiophile have its collective
panties in a knot over asynchronous USB? ;) :) ;) :)

Current state of the art audiophile approved computer music playback
system:

Apple MAC mini: $600 - $800

Apple approved external hard drive: $130

USB cable (MAC mini to external hard drive): $200

External DAC with asynchronous usb input: $600 - $6000

USB cable (MAC mini to external DAC): $200

Additional software to ensure a bit perfect digital audio data stream:
$700

Total cost: $2430 - $8030

Lower cost semi-audiophile approved alternative:

El-cheapo desktop computer: $300

External hard drive: $80

Generic USB cable (computer to external hard drive): $10

Squeezebox Touch: $300

External DAC without asynchronous usb input: $400 - $6000

Digital coax cable (Touch to DAC): $20

Music server software to ensure a bit perfect digital audio data stream:
included with Squeezebox Touch

Total cost:$1110 - $6710

Notes:

1) Both systems assume that there is a working ethernet/Wi-fi router
available.

2) Touch system only audiophile approved for background listening to low
bit rate internet audio streams.